Our littlest man, Smith Hayden Mark arrived into the world a few days earlier than our booked date – Monday, July 4. Our smallest bubba, he was 7 pounds 4 and just 48 cms long! We are so happy our family is complete!
Category: little loves
Little Loves: Ellie – Month Eighteen
– LOOK WHO IS EIGHTEEN MONTHS OLD! I can so clearly remember when Judd was this age, and I can’t believe Eloise is here already too!
– 10 kgs and still in 0/1 clothing.
– Her feet are tiny! She is still in size three’s, when she should be in about six! The shoes we are buying her are still pre-walkers.
– Absolutely shot up, 6 cms in as many weeks, now 81 cms tall.
– Loves dancing in the car with Judd.
– Because she doesn’t speak much, she gets really excited when I know exactly what she needs. She does a little dance and clicks her tongue. Funny and cute.
– Has started becoming more confident in social situations, as she was so shy and didn’t like crowds at all, this has come as a huge shock!
– Really loves my make up and skin care bag. She especially loves putting eyeliner, brow pencil and lip crayons all over her face.
– Just started to get very particular over what she wants to wear. Yesterday was a debacle because she wanted to wear a pink t-shirt and cried until she had it on, insisted on her Emma bow, pink socks, and I put some little bloomers on because it was very hot, and LUCKILY, they made the cut!
– Her and Judd love playing together, and she loves when he snuggles with her and pretends to sleep.
– Has started to watch and love Frozen, HOWEVER, she will only watch up till the Let It Go song. She does not like that song and loses interest in the whole movie. I have never known a little girl to not love that song!
– Such a little joy to be around, always smiling, always so happy, Eloise is such a beautiful ray of sunshine to our day, and we just feel so blessed she chose us to be her parents!
little loves: eloise – month eleven
– 8.3 kgs and 72 cms long.
– Mostly in 0 clothing now.
– WE ARE WALKING! Walking very tentatively around. Such a little girl now, and not my baby anymore 😦
– Has started saying Hello and Bub.
– Six teeth.
– Points at what she wants, usually followed with a grunt. Probably saying ‘that. Give it.’ hahaha.
– Eats like you wouldn’t believe. We have no idea where she has put it this month. We regularly find her in the pantry eating biscuits. She eats her dinner then Judd’s. She has three breakfasts each day, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and dessert. By the time she has a bath at the end of the night her ‘inny’ belly button is an outy.
– Cracks it when Judd takes something from her. Judd only has a short time before he should be scared I think!
– She will take water in a sippy cup. Not formula. Not milk. So we will have to wait one more month and then it’s off the boob. Not so much a big deal now I am only feeding her once a day, but I’m hoping my nipples don’t fall off between now and then. There is a reason you want to give up feeding once they get their top teeth.
– Starting to climb. Not happy.
– Loves being in Mum’s bathroom cupboard. Will play with my make up and skin care for aaaages. Far longer than it takes me to get ready!
– Sleeping through the night, waking up at 5 or 6am. A sleeping baby is a lovely thing, and this is one of the reasons I know I got clucky when Judd was this age.
– Dancing. She loves Emma and still loves Giggle and Hoot, but any song, she will stop what she is doing in bop up and down on the spot.
– This is such a beautiful, amazing age. I absolutely love it. Yes I’m clucky but my husby still has common sense thank god.
little loves: eloise – month eight
– 7kgs and 70 cms long – Still in 00’s. – No teeth and no new words this month. She says Gada Continue reading
little loves: eloise – month seven
So someone said to me the other day, she will be 1 soon! Yes, yes she will. She’s closer to one than birth. How did we get here? Here is what happened this month:
little loves: eloise – month six
– 6.8kgs and 67cms long
– Fitting 00’s, as of today!
– Guess who can clap hands for her Daddy! Clever girl.
– Her favourite book is ‘Dear Zoo’ She loves opening up the doors and listening to the noise each animal makes.
– We started on solids one week ago, and she loves mash potato, sweet potato, apples, pears, banana and avocado, but will not eat broccoli on it’s own. That’s all we’ve tried So far 🙂
– Super cuddly, she is so often smooshed into our necks with her arms wrapped around us. She also gives huge kisses. Big sloppy things. We had a few weddings in the past month and have left her for a few hours (not easy as she will not yet take a bottle) and the baby I come back to kisses and hugs me and squeals on my arrival for a good five minutes before gulping down both sides. It really is so special.
– I don’t think she is quite ready to sit up on her own, but she is motoring around on the floor, just not traditionally crawling just yet… So grateful that she is staying that bit littler for longer.
– Oh the conversations. From Dadadadad, to Mummy. She makes noises that sound like Judd, Hey, Eloise and Oh No. I know she isn’t saying the words nor is she intending to, but they make a nice change from a crazy squawk she has going on too.
little loves: eloise starts solids
I had planned to start Eloise on solids this weekend, after the longing looks I have been getting whilst I eat and the fact that she has stopped sleeping through every night. After the 90 minute party she wanted to have at 3am last night, the first thing I did the morning was whip up some baby food!
I hate rice cereal, it has no nutritional value and I find vegetables on their own to be bland enough for their new little taste buds. What was your bub’s first food?
recipe: rainbow juice
I haven’t had much energy lately, so Judd and I made Rainbow Juice today, to try and get through the afternoon!
We used a green apple, a beetroot, a carrot, a cucumber, a banana, several sticks of celery, an orange, a knob of ginger and a cup of coconut water.
little loves: eloise – month five
– 6.5kgs and 63 cms long
– Fitting 000’s very well still. 00’s are still too big…
– Will stop whatever she is doing when Daddy comes home from work. She wants to give him huge smiles and she loves touching his face. It’s so gorgeous if she isn’t asleep!
– The giggles are constant. So constant. She is such a joy.
– She has started saying Mumumum, and Mummy. Always a whinge. Totally a sound, but because Judd said Dadadad first, I am claiming it.
– Shorter sleeps, and down to three sleeps a day.
– AND finally we have moved on from the weekly poop to more regular. I know these kids are going to hate this when they are older, but it is totally noteworthy to us boring parent folk now.
– She is really good at the Jolly Jumper! Bouncing straight away.
– I tell her all the time that she is just happiness in a bundle of joy. Will give me reassuring smiles while Judd is throwing a tantrum in the shops. She is my saving grace.
little loves: eloise – months one to four
Our Baby Girl, Eloise Kate Isobel, arrived into the world on Monday, September 15. A perfect 8 pounds and 52 cms long.