This little chick has turned two!
– 11kgs and in 2 clothing! Ok, some of the stuff she has is 1’s and honestly all of her pants are still 0’s but hey, some of her clothes are size 2 and I’m running with that 😂
– her feet are still really tiny, I’m very lucky my Sister in Law has been giving us my nieces hand me downs! She is four months younger than Ellie but has a more normal size foot! Ellie is in size fours.
– 86cms tall.
– those curls though. Oh my god her hair. I love her hair. She always takes out clips and bows and lackies now, but the mop of golden curls just is the most beautiful thing! She really is our little ray of sunshine with her golden locks.
– Although she can comprehend everything we say and follow four step requests, she refuses to speak much. And I say refuses because she comes out with the proper words if she is angry enough. So she is saying your basic, Mama, Daddy, Judd and Smith in our case, Ta, making all the animal noises, yes, no, wow, bath, car. In anger, things like ‘don’t touch!’ come out clear as day! Over the past few days she’s been walking up to me with sentences like, ‘can you read this to me please?’ and ‘I’ve got dis!’ And then other times we are right back to her little constant ‘uh’…
– still having a nap in the middle of the day, for three hours. She will fall asleep in the car, it’s possible from anytime after 10.30am so we try and get to a destination before then. I’m lucky she is so transferable from the car too. She is such a little log once she has fallen asleep.
– she is happily self settling herself to sleep at night now as well, we had a few months before her baby brother came that she still wanted me there for bedtime, but luckily she picked a dolly (or two or three, or a spare bag, or a buzz lightyear) and they seem to help her fall asleep. I’ve also gone back to giving her classical piano music for her sleeps, to hopefully drown out any possible crying newborn noises! She is such a heavy sleeper too, and very cute to check in on before we head to bed ourselves.
– still loves nursery rhymes, twinkle twinkle, inch wincy spider, three little ducks and open, shut them.
– will sing along in the car to the songs, especially ‘Hold Back the River’ and I always have a giggle because she was and is very much a ‘dance before you could walk, sing before you could talk’ kind of girl.
– LOVES to tea party. This baby girl can make a tea complete with all the right sound effects, that she will probably force down your throat but because she has the sweetest, happiest little smile on her face you will love every second of it!
– can dance! Shakes her jiggles out and liked a little boogie (bum wiggle) before bed.
– Loves helping me ‘bake’ and on Sunday’s, we apple crumble together. If you ever eat some of our apple crumble guaranteed you’ll find little Ellie shaped bites out of the apple pieces. 😂😂
– loves a bubble bath, like most women ☺️
– She’s an artist. Luckily I have some good cleaning products that have removed crayons from my coffee tables and make up from my bathroom cupboards!
– loves playing in Daddy’s car with all the buttons and indicators. And all the hidey holes filled with Daddy’s work stuff! About once a day she asks to play in his car.
– Loves spotting for planes and birds in the sky.
– would watch Peppa Pig all day if I let her.
– still happily heads to the pantry in the mornings and picks her favorite things to snack on before she gets her lunchbox for the day or breakfast. Especially loves blueberries, strawberries, grapes, mandarins and the raspberry muesli bars. We actually couldn’t decide where to take her for her second birthday outting, but in the end decided to take everyone out to lunch, because she loves food so much!
– dinner time is a very quiet time for Eloise in our house because she is usually scoffing her face! She really likes corn, peas, carrots and broccoli, chicken and pasta.
– her personality. I write these posts so I hope in years to come they take me right back to these moments, and I remember exactly what it was like spending all day raising these tiny little people. I desperately don’t want to forget hers. Because she is so loving, and will run up to Mummy for squeezes so many times during the day, and she is kind to everyone, happily sharing any toys and food (she has an internal mother instinct and wants to make sure everyone has full bellies) she is shy but will hold her ground and not let anyone get the better of her (including her big brother who she will happily take on and win), she can boss with the best of them, and is juuuust soooo sweeeeet. Being my middle babe, and my newest babe being so unexpected, I wish for more time with Ellie always.