I think food you make whilst entertaining should be easy, delicious and definitely decadent. Here is an easy starter, using only three ingredients that is bound to impress your guests and disappear quickly…
1 sheet puff pastry
1 wheel of brie cheese
100g cranberry sauce
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
– Place one sheet of puff pastry on a lined baking tray, and use a knife to cut each corner, so you end up with four triangles that can be discarded
– Place the wheel of brie cheese in the centre, and pile the cranberry sauce on top
– Fold the pastry up to encase the brie and cranberry filling
– Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes
– Serve with your preferred cracker (I’ve used Jatz Cracked Pepper)
So much YUM on a cracker!!
This recipe is so easy for entertaining. I LOVE it for Christmas as the cranberry gives it that festive feel. Using a cheese knife cut the puff like you would a cake, and serve on the cracker. (I generally even ignore the cracker as I find the puff pastry is the ‘hero’ of the dish and is enough to be a decent base.) You can use camembert cheese but I find it really oozes out a bit too much, which is why I stick with a beautiful brie. It will ooze out but it is all a part of the goodness… I have never had leftovers of this starter, ever!
Hope you enjoy it, I guarantee your guests will!