Just a few pics of Smith’s BB8 cake, I got this idea from Pinterest, and the one on there looks much better than this! But I tried 😂
Just a few pics of Smith’s BB8 cake, I got this idea from Pinterest, and the one on there looks much better than this! But I tried 😂
– My smallest human has turned 2, and he is convinced that he is going to skip turning 2 and just turn 3 instead. He is desperate to be as big as the other kids!
– he is 10kgs and 79cms tall. He is still in size 1 clothes and some pants are 0’s coz he is tiny.
– He has a 2- 3 hour sleep during the day, and generally sleeps during the night unless it’s the week of the full moon 😳🙄
– he is talking in short sentences, can count to 6, and knows a few colours. He loves to sing and knows the words to all the songs from The Greatest Showman. He says things like, ‘Judd’ (constantly) ‘Ellie, or ELOISE’ (if she isn’t listening) Mummy, Daddy, love you, see you later lalligator, and Bye Babboon (instead of see you soon you big baboon which is awkward.) He will say things like ‘Juddy at school’ or ‘put it in there’ or ‘summing to eat peas’ (something to eat please) and has always refused to say Ta, opting for thank you always. He loves singing Happy Birthday, especially the Hip hip hooray bit, and he knows his fruits and vegetables and all of his items of clothing. He loves shoes.
– Reads a shortened, but highly animated version of ‘Piranha’s Don’t Eat Banana’s’ by Aaron Blabey. No word of a lie I have video evidence 😂
– I cut his hair last month and have probably trimmed it three to four times since! He had quite long blonde curls, but since cutting it his hair has really thickened. Still wavy bits now and then..
– He loves Nursery Rhymes, like Rockabye Your Bear and when we play ‘round and round the garden’
– loves spotting for planes and birdy’s. We took him to the airport viewing deck for his birthday weekend and he loved it!
– loves making pancakes with Daddy on the weekends, even if he is always a bit too forceful cracking the egg in and a little too generous with his taste test.
– is fantastic at jumping now, he loves to jump almost as much as he loves to run and have races.
– can scooter and throw a ball really well.
– has the most expressive face I have ever seen. He will look at you from underneath his lashes, out of the corner of his eye, or make his eyes big and wide, usually all as a reaction to his cheeky behavior.
– desperately wants to go to school like Judd… scary when he is a July baby and misses the cut off so will end waiting until 2021! But he wants to do everything his big brother does and will copy him any chance he gets.
– loves eating my food, which means he eats a lot of salad, spinach, kale, quinoa and chia. Lol. Also loves his daily protein shake 🙄 meanwhile I have a mouthful of my food to his plateful and still I put on more weight than him! #hungry
– we weaned him off breastmilk (and by we I mean my amazing hubby did the hard yards for 2 weeks while I slept like the dead) basically by introducing coconut water as an alternative just under six months ago now. He has always loved coconut water and doesn’t like normal milk, so that helped the transition.
– somersaults into his cot for sleeps and thinks that’s the best thing ever!
– He may be cheeky and take up so much of my time, but he will still come and ask me to sit with him and have cuddles on the regular, and press his cheek to mine. He will stroke my face and tell me the quietest stories. He is really great at hugs. He will always kiss someone better that he has hurt. Accidentally or purposely. He is the youngest of three after all 😳 and he looks up to everyone in our family and I know he just wants to do everything we do already. Given he is the baby, and will always be, what I would give for him to slow down! But also, i’m not sad that he isn’t a baby anymore, coz this next part is a lot of fun and also just easier. And harder. But not 3 under 3 and a half hard anymore. 3 under 5 and a half is just more doable.
This is is my last couch update before the kids take over. I’ve been doing this on a pretty much monthly basis for 5 and a half years. Thanks for reading along. You can check out my posts of Judd’s first two years here, and Ellie’s start here.
I have seen so many of these gorgeous number cakes on Pinterest that I had to give it a go! I have been looking for an excuse for ages, but my 5 year old wasn’t interested for his birthday. Which was fair enough 🙂
Today is my anniversary though, 16 years together and 8 years married to my husband, so I thought a ‘sweet sixteen’ cake, was a cute idea.
I based this on the Easter Bunny Cream Tart recipe from loveswah.com
The biscuit base recipe was brilliant, but the icing recipe isn’t overly tasty, nor firm enough in my opinion. Next time I would probably go for a tastier type of meringue that would hold a little better. It is still quite warm in Oz though, so I’m not sure if that has a lot to do with the icing not being as firm as it should be.
Have you made one of these cakes? It’s such a pretty centrepiece, almost too good to eat!
I can’t believe my firstborn is half a decade old!
We ask him questions on his birthday every year, I have attached the questions and answers from his fourth birthday here.
What is your name? Judd Taylor.
How old are you? Five.
What is your favourite colour? White and Black. I like Green.
What is your favourite toy? Dinosaurs.
What is your favourite fruit? Mango.
What is your favourite snack? Crackers and Quince Paste.
What is your favourite drink? Apple Juice (poor deprived child never gets to have this!)
What is your favourite thing to eat for breakfast? Waffles with frozen blueberries and frozen raspberries.
What is your favourite thing to eat for dinner? Chicken Wraps.
What food do you really dislike? Ummm… Banana’s
What is your favourite TV Show? Share the Love Logo.
What is your favourite thing to wear? My camouflage shirt.
What is your favourite game? Catch the ball with the mitt.
What is your favourite animal? Pterodactyls and Snakes.
What is your favourite song? The Mob Song
What is your favourite book? The Chapter Book we read last year. (The Folk of the Faraway Tree)
Who do you love? Charlie (his friend from school)
What is your favourite memory? Swimming in the pool and when Noah comes over for dinner.
Who is your biggest hero? Noah
What makes you happy? Toys.
What makes you sad? Having dinner when I don’t like the food.
Who is your best friend? Noah and Charlie. All my friends in my school.
What is your favourite thing to do outside? Run around and jump on the trampoline.
What is your favourite thing to do with Mummy? Ride our bikes together.
What is your favourite thing to do with Daddy? Fishing on the docks or at the sea.
What is your favourite thing to do with Ellie? When we make the bedrooms dark and use our torches and pretend to have sleepovers.
What is your favourite thing to do with Smith? Play with the ball together.
What is your favourite holiday? One that has a sunrise. I loved going to Smith’s Beach.
What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My rabbit.
What do you want to be when you grow up? A helicopter pilot.
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? To Smith’s Beach, because I loved it there.
What do you want for dinner for your birthday? Pizza!
What is your favourite present? My skateboard.
What did you learn this year? I learned how to play nice in the home corner and how to write my name.
– 9.2kgs and 73 cms tall. (Or not so tall!)
– Size 4 shoes. He is tiny! He is even smaller than Ellie at this age. Although his feet are bigger. I do not know how to fatten him up – SEND ALL THE ADVICE PLEASE!
– Has all but four teeth, and two are well on their way. Strangely, everything has come through except for the four canine teeth. He loves brushing them, with whoever’s toothbrush he can get a hold of.
– Has started really running around and just being a child of mass destruction really. Which is TOPS for me. REALLY. I love seeing what I have in every single cupboard in every single room of the house on a daily basis!
– I’ve considered cutting his hair this month, BUT I’m not ready yet. He looks like a little surfer dude with his blonde curls and blue eyes and his boardies that are always too big for him, it would break my heart to lose those many, many curls. He doesn’t seem to run hot like Juddy did, he has no fat to keep him warm, so I can’t find a reason to cut it. Everyone I speak to is all ‘please don’t cut it’ and making me feel better about that. However, his hair is really, really long and some days it has a real Farrah Fawcett look to it. I’m sure he is going to give me grief when he is older as to why it took me so long to cut it.
– The personality has really, really come through these last two months. He is a crack up and he loves laughing and making people laugh. He loves to mess around and be cheeky. The faces he pulls, I just can’t even explain – Lord help me this time next year and beyond. What is cute now I KNOW will be very difficult later. I KNOW BECAUSE I HAVE LIVED IT 😳😳 But hopefully I will be able to remember him at this age because it is the cutest time. A little mischievous clown this one who makes all of us laugh so hard.
– The talking is hilarious, he will tell me that he ‘dropped it over there’ and insists on saying ‘Tank you’ and ‘Peas!’ instead of Ta. He really loves talking on the phone and his conversations of jibberish are sweet. I mean, he said ‘Happy Birthday GrandPop’ last month. He will say ‘it hurts, ouch’ The kids likes to chat.
– Loves the bath and the shower, HATES the pool and the beach. 🤷🏼♀️🤷🏼♀️
– Has started pretending to pee like Judd does in the toilet. And off the side of the deck. And on the trees in the backyard. At this rate he will be toilet trained before Eloise.
– The separation anxiety has been brutal over the past fortnight. He screams the minute he cannot see me, or touch me or be as close to me as humanly possible. Right on time for an 18 month old I guess, although I’ve not known kids to have separation anxiety quite like mine.
– Because the separation anxiety was so bad and he was insisting on sleeping with us and generally deciding that he had to be lying on top of my head and using his legs to kick Mark in the head all night long, Mark spent a few nights up with him to sleep train him. He is now down to a morning and night feed, and is generally sleeping through. If he continues this well we will try to drop the night feed in a week or so. I’ve been really proud of how well he has done, especially as the last time I tried he went on a food strike and I got mastitis. This is leaps and bounds.
– We even took a short trip to Dunsborough this month, just before Christmas, and he loved it. Was a star for the car trip, which let’s be honest, cars and long trips with kids are a bit 😫😫 but he went well and was so excited to see his own port a cot at the hotel. Port a cots are not our favourite thing; Mark and I tend to avoid them, but this one was ok and he seemed comfortable for the short time he was in it.
– Loves to dust and vaccuum.
– Loves pizza. And Kinder Surprises. Kinder Surprises are life. And popcorn. Otherwise, he is #cleaneating all the way.
– Sings along in the car with the kids. Particularly likes Moana and the new Beauty and the Beast soundtrack. All the kids really like the Mob Song and Smith sings ‘Kill the Beast!’ Loudly. Seriously, 🤦🏼♀️ *face palm*. He really loves to dance to music, ads, Happy Birthday. And he’ll cheer on anyone on the TV, he loves to get involved.
– We’ve found he has the strange natural way of playing the piano, and I’m wondering how early to start lessons. Haha, like every proud Mum, I think he’s a genius, I know it sounds very weird but I guess you’ve got t see him in action. 😂 i’m sure a piano player would say ‘uhhhh no.’
– Is our toughest cookie yet, he is extremely good with pain and just seems to shake it off. Even getting his needles, Ellie was more upset then he was, she was distraught that he was in pain momentarily. A little legend this kid. And with an older brother who never stops and an older sister who just wants to shower him with love, it’s for the best.
So I figured I had made an Easter Bunny cake, the Birthday Unicorn cake, it was only right to make a Reindeer Cake for Christmas. Loved making this beauty. It was pink velvet on the inside, covered in a simple chocolate buttercream. The antlers are gingerbread and the macarons were almond flavoured. I had to google the names of Santa’s Reindeer and decided, this one is Cupid!
Merry Christmas Everyone!
– Smith is almost 10kgs and although they are a little too big on him, I’m putting him into size 1 clothing.
– His two canines have just come in, and I didn’t notice he was teething… ooops.
– Loves toddling along after the others, and is climbing on everything, just like his brother and sister did. He would really, really like to sit at the table like they do, but he is still so tiny, he will be in a high chair for awhile yet. I said it wasn’t fair to get two climbing kids BUT THREE!
– His hair is beautiful and long and curly, it’s just like Ellie’s but even blonder. His eyes are still so blue.
– Loves using the pretend lawn mower. He insists he wear his ear muffs and toddles around mowing everything down. The video I have on him with the lawn mower is hilarious.
– Talking and telling a lot of stories. Very, very chirpy when he first wakes up. This week he said sprinkler when ours came on. He say’s all our names, love you, good, yes, no, how doing, I don’t know, alright, ouch… and heaps of other little baby phrases which are the cutest!
– Still loving nursery rhymes, especially the frog songs in the bath. LOVES having a bath with the kids, HATES when anyone gets out, especially if it’s him. Really, really loves the shower as well. He loves water so much he really gets involved whenever the kids have a water activity out, and now that it’s warmer, I know we will be doing more of that.
– Loves the trampoline and being outside.
– Still clingy, still hating on his brother or sister when they get close for cuddles with Mummy while he is having cuddles.
– Is enjoying helping me cook in the kitchen, and probably prefers to clean up after.
– Loves playing with the ball, throwing it and running after it.
– Loves the chance to cuddle with Judd or Ellie in their big beds.
– He’s pretty cheeky, and thinks he can get away with anything as long as he gives you a cheezy grin afterwards… It’s super cute and hard to discipline him, BUT most of the time he’s doing things where he is going to hurt himself so he does get in trouble.
– Plays peek a boo by slapping his hands onto his face really hard, and giggling.
– Loves being tickled and kissed under his chin, still.
In Month Sixteen with both Judd and Ellie I was announcing that the next baby is on the way… And… This time I’m very happy to announce that there are no babies on the way 🙂 It’s really nice to be able to enjoy this time without being sick and this Motherhood gig is starting to feel easier and more doable.
We had a really special day celebrating Ellie’s 3rd birthday, and I wanted to put up some pictures of her party. At 3, she is obsessed with Rapunzel and was very specific about wanting a Rapunzel Tower cake which OMG was so daunting and very hard. I had tried to find a toy Rapunzel Tower (because cheating is my thing!) that I could just whack on top of the cake but I didn’t get one in time. Luckily, with some handy engineering from my hubby we got it done. Don’t look too closely though lol.
I found the theme really easy, especially once you start looking on Pinterest, there are many, many Rapunzel party ideas. We had saucepans everywhere, and used a saucepan to bash the pinata with. We played ‘Pin the Nose on Flynn Ryder’ and had a Hair Braiding station, and sidewalk chalk to paint with. None of this will make sense unless you have seen the ‘Tangled’ movie. Which most of the guests hadn’t BUT ANYWAY 😂
My favourite though, was surprising Ellie with a real life Rapunzel Princess who sang songs, read stories and did some face painting for the kids. It was so amazing seeing the shock on Ellie’s face and the awe from the kids. Ellie was very shy but has since spoken of how much she loved Rapunzel and how she would love her to come back. We used Unreal Kids Parties, and Terri was just fantastic. She dresses up as so many different characters and does an amazing job of each. I couldn’t recommend her enough.
Ellie has already decided she wants a Cinderella cake for her Fourth birthday. I better start practicing now. Till then!